View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Re: How should my play should differ when there is a kill

[ QUOTE ]

Too many people are afraid to raise with the increased stake. With the person on the kill,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this statement about some players playing 'scared money' and weak tight due the increase in stakes in a 1/2 kill or full kill game is only really attributable to the OP or a player in a similiar situation - someone who is over their head.

Regular 5-10 players in this format are VERY much used to the increased stakes due to the kill, and could care less. whiny 3-6 players bitch about posting a $4 kill blind in the BB, I can't imagine even one regular in that game thinking to themselves: 'Uh oh, its a kill - time to screw it down - Carson hand groups 1.1a thru Fugazi Zulu Niner only.' Your hand selection and play selection IMO would not change due to the limits/structure, but instead to adjust for the players and game conditions - not the stakes.

Any halfwit LAGgro regular would pick up on a nitty who groans about posting a kill, and then proceed to run said weakie over.

Foxwoods doesn't have any lower full kill games to mess around with I'm guessing, some full kill play might ease your transition into a regular seat in the game. The structure mentioned basically sets up repeat kills being that the 'kill' requirement is a $100+ pot - once the limits double, 5 BBs to reach a kill pot. Any 3 handed or more pot is likely to reach the kill - which means that the limit will often be @ the 10-20 level (I'd say 60-70% of the time the kill rolls over) This game is actually probably averaging around an 8-16 limit, I'd say preparing yourself BR-wise to play 8-16 is a good start. If you can't wait till 4-8 earnings get you over the hump, a possible alternative might be to play @ UltimateBet where they offer full kill hold em games @ differing limits - invest a few hundred online and get used to playing full kill games, then breeze into Foxwoods like you know what you're doing.

To make those types of adjustments (i.e. playing tighter etc) seems based on BR level theory, similiar to the

Kelly
Criterion

which is a wagering system for sports betting, BJ etc., not poker.