View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Re: First day at PokerRoom for the bonus

[ QUOTE ]
The main problem for me on that site is the table clutter. Look closely, and you'll find that the chips, the fake gold drink holders, and the button are all about the same size. The effect can be very confusing. If they'd just do away with the "drink holders" (or at least give you the option) the table would be a lot easier on the eyes. I sure hope they're reading this thread since they're costing themselves money by unnecessarily tiring their players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've made almost the exact same complaints a few times on this forum and in an email to PR. I signed up for a couple bonuses a few months ago. I cleared one and quit. Graphics problems: everything in similar dark colors--chips and drink holders etc get confused. I overlook players/bets in the hand. action buttons are dark, just outlined, on the same color background--they don't grab your attention when you have cards. from some positions either a bet or the button is so far from the player that you can not tell if it is for, eg, the seven eight or nine seat. one time I bet into two players thinking I was button when I was SB. all this is in the context of multitabling six tables, one various sites at the same time. because of the dark buttons, etc, I've timed out at PR more often than any other site several times over. the games can be good, but it is a small site: after some 3-6 to get my feet wet, I played 5-T and 10-20. usually I'd find 1-3 5-T's and one 10-20. LAGs would show up periodically and a game would get really good. but the core players were terribly weak tight. they could be beaten, but it would be miserable. a table full of regulars could quickly get down to like a 3BB pot average. I've seen higher limit games that looked good, but never ventured.

so, yeah, what you said: I gave up on it pretty quick. except I still want to check out the PLO action.