View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 08:50 PM

Default University Sponsored Hold\'em Tourney...(no content)

Ok, so the Student Union held a Hold'em tourney tonight, and while I knew it was going to be a crapshoot I decided to go anyway to try and find new players for our home game.

240 players. $3 buying. 1st = 500$ gift certificate to Best Buy. 2nd $300, 3rd $100.

So we walk in and get a cup of chips... they say "make sure you have 20 chips".. there are 3 color of your basic bicylce chips in there. No values to them.. just 20 chips.

Everyone ANTES 1 chips... no blinds, just antes... When I heard that I wanted to just up and leave! But I decided hang around and see what I could do with this setup.
Didnt get anything to play for the first 10 hands.. half my stack gone.
Finally flop 2 pair with a 10-3, bet, no callers. Then I get 5-5 next hand. Raised 3 chips, got put allin by the only person who has pushed all-in preflop (he probably did it 5 times out of the first 10 hands. Was called 3 times. He had hands like Q-4, J-7, ect.
I called, he had K-9off. Flops a K.

I just thought this was really funny. I figured the university would find someone who knows how to set up a tourny to organize this thing..

Oh, and the worst part of the tourny was that each table had 8 players. And each table would play down to 1 person, then they would create new tables.. and everyone would again start with the same amount of chips! So basically it was 3 tournys in 1....
Maverick anyone?!

Meh. Thats my story...