View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Sklanksy AK hand, let\'s discuss...

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, just b/c we haven't seen anyone lay down AK pre-flop in any WPT event doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Remember, these shows represent an hour and a half or so or what is sometimes 6-7 hours worth of live action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you're refering to WPT final table action, but in the only WPT event that I ever played in, I folded AK after a big reraise.

I didn't have any chips all day in this tourney and suddenly when on a little streak and after a big hand against Huck Seed found myself with about 23K. The blinds were 500/1000 and I raised to 3000 with AK UTG.

Mark Seif was UTG2 and he re-raised me 9K more to 12K. Mark had just been moved to our table and during some table talk I overheard him tell another player that he had acquired his big stack which was about 40K through stealing.

I thought at the time that he said this to try and get action with his big hands. Anyway, it was back to me, and my read was that he had a big hand and I mucked my AK.

I thought that I probably made a good play until he told me that I made a good laydown, that he had KK. So I probably got outplayed on the hand, but yes at least one other has laid down AK in a WPT event. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]