View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Need pointers on more aggresive play...newb here...

Thank you both for the pointers really appreciated. I don't think I am leaking chips. I usually play very tight as like maybe 5-10 hands maybe on average probably. When I get into a pot though I usually take it down 90% of the time. I seldom go all in or make a play similar to that during the early stages of the tourney. I think my problem is that I need to start playing more hands and stop waiting for good hands to come my way. I do steal the blinds from time to time if I see they are very tight.

The problem when I get to the top 100 I am usually in the 50th position or hovering around there. The blinds usually (maybe its bad luck) are chips leaders or big stacks at my table and defend their blinds to any raise except an all in. ( I don't go all in because I don't want to risk my tourney on a average hand just to get the blinds).

Also I am a begginner tourney player just started a week ago or so. So my mind is still set in the preflop requirements of sshe because I had mostly played ring games in my first month of playing this game. I need to know what kind of hands I can play what position? Are there any books with good recommendations. I know HOH has some but they seem eerily similar to those in sshe with a tweak here or there. Actually hands like KQo he doesn't recommend to play much from utg but in sshe it is fine to play it.

So yeah I think preflop is my problem not playing enough hands. Post flop I usually outplay my opponents. Thanks a bunch for the help guys. Keep the tips coming.