View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Re: I have started slowplaying some Top Pair Hands Head-Up, Like-IT?

thanks for the replies.

agree with some of what you said, but not all. i agree with spider's comments about maybe some better top pair hands to try this kind of thing with.

also agree with alobar, how i would be a little suspicious of this if i were the victim.

Nate- I am not sure that I took this concept out of context, though I will reread it. I will be sure to try and make some more "gay" sounding posts in the future, if that's the kind of thing you like to respond to. Whatever it takes to get good responses. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If we choose a better flop/ starting hand where it doesnt look as suspicious, why is it not a good play.

In my hand, for example, I think if I bet flop... I win it right there. It would be a small pot. Doesn't it make sense to mix up your play against aggressive opponents, and risk loseing a small pot for the risk of taking in some extra BB's?

Why are we afraid to slowplay this hand? What makes it mechanically poor play? We most likely have villain in bad shape and giving a free look at the turn is not going to hurt us most of the time. Isn't that what a slowplay is, letting your opponent catch up a little. Sure in full ring you would need a stronger hand, but head up... isn't this a monster I am holding?

Edit, It appears that maybe Nate was refering to Imitation taking the quote out of context... maybe. Anyway, I think I am picking up that my play may have been ok had villain led flop. Again though I'd be interested to hear why giving a free card here is so bad. Villain did take lead on turn, while I understand that I offered it to him.

3BB's here was a coup, no? Sure this was the best scenario. It could have also been good for just 1 or 2BB's.