View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 09:42 AM

Default How to play a LAG

Maybe this is poker 101, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Last night, I'm playing a .01/.02 game at a loose table. There's one there that takes the cake as far as being a LAG goes. My question is, how do you play when you know none of your bets/raises for information or protection are worth anything?

Do you just tighten up until you have the nuts, then play? I mean, if you flopped a top pair, and c/r the flop, only to have it raised back at you by the LAG, it doesn't mean anything. They won't fold and will go all the way to the river.

I had a J's dealt to me. I raised PF, then it was raised back to me. I just called.
The flop comes with one K, and a bunch of nothing. So I bet, LAG raises, and I call. I just checked the turn, nothing fell there either, LAG bets, I call.

Nothing falls on the river, I check, LAG bets, I call. LAG turns over a K, beating my JJ. I know I shouldn't have plaid JJ this far, but I normally play .25/.50, and didn't really care about the pennies. I was just trying to learn something.

Is there a reason to play anything but the best hands against a LAG?

Thanks for any replies to this moronic question. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]