View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Is There a Bigger Jackass Than Barry Bonds?

[ QUOTE ]

This is a key point. Baseball is an entertainment medium. Nothing more, nothing less. Barry Bonds, or any professional athlete, does not owe us anything. He doesn't need to answer our questions about any part of his life. He has no obligation to be nice to you at the ball park(even though he most certainly is). He has no obligation to "be nice to the media," which, unlike the fans, is not even a customer of his organization. He is an entertainer. If he doesn't entertain you, then don't pay attention to him. I love sports, and follow them as or more closely than probably 99% of the world - but I find people's need to insert themselves into the personal lives of professional entertainers laughable at best.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

yup.....and it is that exact reason that I don't have a problem with steriods.....I want to see the highest quality entertainment - the most competitive possible baseball....and if athletes are willing to incur health risks (which most do anyway - with or without just "steriods") to rise to a higher level of competition , it's fine with me....it leads to higher level of play and, hey, it's not my body.....just like it's not my 7-figure paycheck that gets deposited every month.....