Thread: Book Advice
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 05:16 AM

Default Re: Book Advice

If you look at the book in terms of the games it is tailored for, I just don't see how it can be considered weak-tight. The book stresses tight-aggressive play preflop. Post-flop, the book says to slow down if the board looks dangerous and you are up against multiple opponents, and this is where I think it gets its (unwarranted) weak-tight rap here on 2+2. It doesn't say to automatically check-fold if there are overcards to your pocket pair, of if the board looks scary. It simply says be prepared to slow down and cut your losses depending on the action you see on the flop. The idiots (err, opponents) you see at most low limit tables are usually straightforward and will pretty much tell you by their action whether they outflopped you or if you are still ahead.
For the games this book is written for, it lays out what I believe to be the best and most prudent strategy.

Now for mid limit games with trickier opponents, I agree the book could be considered weak-tight. But these are not the games that WLLHE is intended for.