View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods Trip Report (It\'s a Tome, but at least 1 interesting hand

Yes, Barry owned me, but he pretty much owned everyone at Foxwoods this weekend. I was glad to see it, because I was playing with him on Party on Friday night and he was getting hammered like you wouldn't believe. There were two hands I played horrendously against you. Thanks for not posting the other one.

The game with Joe and Mr. 42s was possibly the greatest game ever. Legends were spreading in the poker room about it. To give you an idea of how good it was, I won 27BB and I felt that I had a bad session.

In one hand Joe was to my left, there were 4 limpers (including Joe) and I checked my option in the BB with Q4o. The flop was a Queen with 2 low clubs (I had no club). I bet and got 4 callers. The turn was a third club. I bet, Joe raised, everyone folded to me and I called. The river was the Queen of clubs, putting 4 clubs on board. I checked, Joe Bet, I said, "I can't believe I'm calling you" and called. I showed my hand and he mucked. He said, "I can't believe you called me with no club, this is Amateur hour"

This game was so great that nobody wanted to leave. I finally left around 5AM because I could no longer make out the symbols on the cards.

Barry, you left out the best hand from Sunday's game. Remember the hand where the 4 seat straddled?

On Sunday, I actually put both of our names on the list at 2PM. It took 3 hours just to get onto the first page of the list. I finally got called for the game at 7PM. It was such a zoo that when I went to put Mark's name on the list, it took me 20 minutes just to do that. Luckily after only 2 1/2 hours of waiting I was able to get into a stud game, so I wasn't waiting for the full 5 hours.

Also, the screen name of the other 2+2er we met was DankHank. He only has about 50 posts, but hopefully he will continue to contribute. It was nice to finaly meet lil' as well.