Thread: QQ against TAG
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Re: QQ against TAG

PREFLOP: standard

FLOP: standard (this is pretty much an auto-bet as you're hoping to represent a big ace so that everyone will fold).

TURN: Remember this, the Ace actually helps you here! First, it means that villain is less likely to hold an ace. Second, it's now a really scarey board for the villain, so he's more likely to fold. Third, if raised, you can easily fold this turn. Given all these reasons, I like the turn bet. (Kinda confusing when he just calls, though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

RIVER: This is the tough decision in this hand. The benefit to checking is that you may induce a bluff. However, what hands will he bluff with? There aren't really any 'broken draws' on the board.

Given the way this hand has been played, I think there's more value in betting the river (but folding to a raise).

Villain could just as easily have a lower pocket pair (i.e. 77, 99, etc) as he could have an ace here. He may also have a paired 8. So there's value to betting as he'll surely call your river bet since he's called this far. Further, if you check this river, and the villain holds something a lower pocket pair, he may just check this through, and you've thus lost a bet.

In conclusion, I like the play up the river. For the river, I'd bet, but fold to a raise.

Adam