View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: AA £5/10 interpoker hand

You have the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? If you do, there aren't many spade draws possible with the Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] both on the board, pretty much just the J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (which is a favorite over your aces).

Do you think he'd call preflop with JTo?

If you have the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and don't think he'd call with JTo, then there aren't many draws he could have. In that case I would read his flop raise as testing the waters with a Q (QJs? AQ? KQ?) or a monster, so I guess I would play cautiously after that and just call his small raise. When you are behind, playing cautiously obviously minimizes your losses and maybe lets you get away from it, but it might also give you opportunities if another spade hits. Then you'd have redraw chances (he might give you a free card if the spade freezes him up) and bluffing chances (although your opponent will probably correctly read you for having A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Ax more often than A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and call).

If you don't have the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and think he could be messing around with a flush draw, then your life is tougher. I dunno, maybe reraising is good. I would probably just call his raise, but I am weak-tight.