View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 03:35 PM

Default AA £5/10 interpoker hand

Here is the situation, 2nd position with AA, I raise to 30 we are six handed this raise does not scream strong hand as 4 others at the table are regulars who are all aware that i will open for a raise with a wide range of hands even from early position. All fold to the button who calls sb folds bb calls.

Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], bb checks i bet 70 into the 97 pot, button folds bb raises it up to 170.
(Note: bb is a strong player tight aggresive pre flop, also the table is playing tight pre flop but an awful lot of messing post flop).

Here is my thinking, bb likes to make this move against me to gauge my strength and would regularly do this with any pp/overcards/draw etc to put pressure back on me. In this situation these are his probable hands I think, AQ KQ QJ 10J , any pp 1010 through 22. As it stands I am sure he raises pre flop with QQ and it is unlikely he is splashing around with Q9. I figure that he has top pair or is stealing with a draw trying to put me in defence, I reraise to 500 he thinks and goes all in for another 180 on top.

Toughts?

Results to follow