View Single Post
Old 02-19-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Another bad play....how do you play it.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, doubling up doesn't guarantee doubling up. Yeah, at some point, the risk of busting outweighs the reward. And to prove that, you just posted a hand in which you had over a 70% chance of winning as an example of why you should either just limp JJ PF, or fold middle set/check it behind on a scary board, or...I dunno. I'm tempted to just laugh at you and let it go but there are other people here that don't get this, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

*DISCLAIMER* zebra, you played your hand fine, this has turned into another discussion.

for what its worth, i would normally proceed with great caution in the example that i posted. however, i had just read this thread and figured why not give it a go (after all if i lose i could supplement an argument with it) a 70% edge at this stage of a sng is not enough. many people on this board discuss EV a lot, EV is only applicable when someone has an unlimited bankroll which in a tourney you do not. sngs (and tournaments in general) are all about one thing: surviving to the end. why the hell would you want to take a 30% chance of dying early in order to get slightly ahead of the pack when you are currently in the mix of things, and you will encounter much better situations that will arise to get ahead of the pack in the future. patience is a virtue in the game of survival.