View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Dealing with villain who repeatedly goes all-in on his bb

[ QUOTE ]
Low buyin sit and go, 3 spots payout and down to 3 players with about equal stacks of 5000 chips. Blinds are 100/200.

Sb is weak tight player that repeatedly minraises and folds to reraise or all-in. Bb was playing pretty reasonably but has recently gone all-in 5 times preflop in the last 3 orbits (three of those were from the big blind facing a raise from the sb). I'm on the button with KTo.

I opened for 600, sb folded, and bb pushes yet again which I expected him to do when I raised. So do I have a big enough hand to call or should I have just mucked in the first place knowing that he would likely push?

[/ QUOTE ]

think about how distraught you are because of him going all in 5 times in a row. make him feel that way, start pushing. you have already monied, its time to take the steering wheel at this table. i have played in a countless amount of sngs in which situations like this arise. he has the current dominant image which likely means that your image is passive. you are going to get all the credit in the world for your raises. once you get ahead by a little bit, wait for what figures to be the best hand and get called by it.