Thread: River Action
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: River Action

I have read SSH and the post listed above, both are great. But I picked raise. Very good chance I am wrong but I will explain why I want to raise the river. First these are great players to have at your table you are going to make money off them. Maybe not this hand but if they stay for sure. You waited for a good starting hand so you have to feel your ahead preflop.

You fear trips after the flop. If one of them holds 99,66,22, I am willing to pay him off. I like your play on all streets. Yah I see the str8 developing lets look at that. If he made an str8 on the turn he holds T8, or 85 pay him off he needs the money. If he makes a str8 on the turn he holds JT,AT,A5 or similar. I don’t think he has a str8 if he does I pay.

But by raising here I do a few things I like. I make more when I am right. When I am wrong these two are happy and continue this crazy play and I get them later. I feel a raise on the river will only increase my SD not my long term results, this sounds crazy even as I type it! If I get reraised I call it. When I am beat I don’t show the QQ and if they ask I lie. When I have LAG’s at the table I wait for a good hand and then I push it. When I am wrong it looks very bad and I will get more action in future hands not just from the loose guys. I look forward to hearing why this is so wrong. Deep down I know it is but I won’t stop till I have a reason I believe.

Ps I am NOT doing this at a 15/30 table don’t worry or drool as the case may be.