View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: A Bell Goes Off - Conflict with XP?

For what it's worth, I've also been able to put on a new skin by just removing the UCID calculator key and rebooting before installing the new skin on an XP system. But worth noting that it's that easy when setting my wife up for new skins on her system, but if I try to setup for the new account on my system, I have to remove the UCID entry, *then* uninstall the skin and remove that skin's registry entries, reboot again, then reinstall the skin to setup the new account.

So just between two XP systems, I've seen a fair amount of difference, but on my wife's system which has only had a steady progression of one-time sign ups as we go through the skins, I've only ever had to delete the calculator UCID entry and reboot prior to installing the new skin. Obviously that's not working for everyone, nor even on both of our home systems, so something else is at work. Perhaps if you've ever had a busted attempt to sign up for a new account it puts some other tag somewhere in the system that you've been denied? Have had no end of trouble when I didn't remove the UCID and reboot first prior to install, but has been smooth when I do. Kooky.