View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 09:14 AM

Default Re: Does anyone know what is going on with PokerRoom??

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,

Sadly, we are in fact currently having some technical difficulties here at PokerRoom.com. We recently released an update of the PokerRoom.com software and combined with a drastic increase in traffic on the site we've hit some turbulence.

We are working day and night to fix it, and we will have things up and running in an orderly fashion again.
The current situation is not acceptable and not tolerated and when things have settled again I'm going to have a lot of sleep to catch up on..
Oh well, sleep's overrated anyway.

If you have any questions or inquires, please don't hesitate to post them here and I will try to answer them as soon as possible.

I will also update you guys on our progress.

Sincerely,

Rod -
PokerRoom.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure hope you get this fixed soon... as in the mean time, it's costing me money! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] In another thread recently, I responded to a post about this same topic and noted how I had just sat at 2 tables, posted, and then the server "crashed" / "froze". About a week or so ago, had pocket K's, 3-bet preflop, and then same thing happened. I believe I responded to one of your posts in another thread about this same hand, as PR will state that I have all-in protection when I sit at the table, yet I don't (and didn't) seem to have it. I'd say I've probably lost around $20 just in posting and having the tables freeze (I 4 table a combination of 2/4 and 3/6 at PR, so the $20 is probably even conservative). Throw in the hands I believe I had better than average chances of winning and PR has cost me a fair amount of money. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

It's really ashame too, as I've pointed out in a number of other threads that I actually like playing at PR (until recently) and have noted several times that I really liked the new graphics. So, while I've been telling other newer players that PR is a good site, graphics have improved tremendously, and that the bonus are worth the time, my reward (not that I was looking or asking for anything) has been numerous problems at PR that have cost me a fair amount of money.

After having these problems again last night, I decided my only solution is to stop playing at PR until I hear from the 2+2 community that things have been fixed. Unfortunately, my bankroll isn't as great as other players here, so I can't afford the price to play with PR's servers issues. It basically wipes out the bonus.