Thread: PLO8 hand.
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 07:50 AM

Default PLO8 hand.

Hand from KotZ; all players are 2+2 and seem fairly tight. Blinds are 300/600 and we are down to two tables. I think that we were one spot away from the money.

this is about the second time in my life that I've ever played PLO8, and I think it's the first tournament in this genre for me so I have some questions.

Preflop, with a suited ace and three cards to wheel I'm thinking that this hand is worth a limp 5 handed but the high is not enough to warrant a raise. Is this OK, too loose, or not aggressive enough?

On the flop I get a wheel draw, and OESD on a rainbow board, back door flush draw and top pair as well as third best possible low. Five handed with a limper and the blind, I feel that betting here is better than checking, but in retrospect perhaps with 2100 in the pot 1200 was not enough of a bet?

The flop check raise from the BB worried me, but I felt that the pot odds justified a call, especially since I was getting him all in. Given that I've already made a mistake underbetting the flop, was the call good?

thanks for your help.

Shauna

PokerStars KotZ, Omaha Hi/Lo Pot Limit - Level IX (300/600)
(5 handed) converter

Seat 1: SB (7108 in chips)
Seat 3: BB (4313 in chips)
Seat 4: Heroine (7868 in chips)
Seat 5: MP (5486 in chips)
Seat 6: Button (4665 in chips)

Preflop: Heroine is UTG with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of 300.
Heroine calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks. Pot is 2100

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine bets 1200</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises 2513 to 3713 and is all-in</font>, Heroine calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9526

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 5h 2c 4d Js (Low: 5, 4, 3, 2, A | High: straight, five high).
Heroine has 3c 3s As 5d (Low: 7, 5, 4, 3, A | High: three of a kind, threes).
Outcome: BB wins . </font>