View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Re: KK, i\'m a calling station

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming SB will continue betting without an A, you are 16:19 dog to win the pot if he has tight 3-betting standards, and more of a dog if he is looser. Still a good enough overlay given your effective odds. So I guess you would. Again, a read would be nice.

But I think I take back my original recommendation of a fold. Though I agree that folding after the Q falls is right.

[/ QUOTE ]
GM,

If I knew SB was a TAG or reasonable player with a pretty limited range of 3-betting hands from the blind then I would fold the turn. But I would probably call down here to be honest. I guess mainly I would be suspicious enough of someone who:

1) 3-bets preflop from the SB in the second hand seen at the table.
2) That I have no information on because I've been datamining so much that I have at least some stats on most of the TAG opponents I sit with. (although I guess that isn't really applicable here)

So I guess my thinking is there's a definite possibility of SB being a complete LAG and just spewing chips with a pair of dueces. Not very likely. But likely enough to call down. And anyone who bets this flop also bets this turn. Besides that there is a chance that a TAG will be betting TT or JJ on an AAx flop and bet again on the turn hoping to pick it up there.

Right or wrong, those are my thoughts.

Chief