Thread: Wierd Scenario
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Wierd Scenario

I can't believe I actually have something to say in this forum, but I have played with this inane concept called "the rock" a few times a week since my move to Houston 2 years ago.

As it was explained to me when I got here, its a "free" big bet(the house provides rocks here, lucky us), but you have to use it UTG. Huh? what? Free bet, um ok.

I have to agree with Andy on this one, I just play 5/10 & 10/20 not as high as alot of you guys, but the only way I have found to consitently beat games with it in play here is stick to high cards.

Trying to play my normal game with a little more open play only seemed to get me into spots where I was having to make too many borderline decisions(Which deteriorates through the night as I drink Crown and Cokes trying to help me beat that 10% rake that is standard here). For me personally it was just a recipie for disaster trying to mix it up with less than high hands.

I am also a "rock" hider, I like to bury it in my stack, which only goes a few orbits before the people running the game realize the rock is missing/count the drop an insert another one, they gotta get that max. rake.