View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: A case for 2000 chips

[ QUOTE ]
Great review, thanks. You made a hint that maybe the single doors model is a better choice? Can you elaborate on your thoughts? At $60, I don't see how I can get away from this one...

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's pretty much speculation on my part, since I only have the double-door model.

I like the accessability of the chips with the double-door unit, and the fact that all the smaller chip trays are removable. That's the main reason I chose that model. The single door unit only has 4 removable trays, and the remaing 1000 chips are stored in the main case itself (kinda a pain if you want to get the chips to the table).

Judging from the pictures of the single-door unit, it looks like the double-door job has better wheels, too.

But the double-door unit is:

a) bigger than it needs to be --- there's a lot of wasted space between the trays, and between the trays and the doors. The single-door (lid) unit might hold the chips tighter for travel, and take up less space. But I don't know how well plaques and octagons would fit in the single-door unit.

b) the double-doors are a little flakey in terms of how easy they are to close and how tightly they seal

c) the double-door unit costs $10 more

BTW, they also make a 1000 chip case double-door model with wheels, that looks interesting. There's a couple of shelves in that one that could be handy for cards, etc.