Thread: Bankroll Help
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Bankroll Help

I will stand by my statement that the 11s are not much harder to beat than the 5.50s. This in mind, here is what you SHOULD do...

Play 5.50's until at you have a bankroll of at least $550 (50 buy-ins at the 10+1 level). You'll gain experience and a more stable bankroll this way. If you lose down to $275, move back to the 5.50s (275 = 50 buy-ins at this level). Obviously, the more bankroll you have, the less risk you run of going broke. You don't need a 10+1er or a 200+15er to tell you this.

What I was saying is that if you're a good player, you'll probably be safe to take a shot now. Don't confuse "take a shot" with "play till you go broke". Lots of people take shots. Some result in 3-5 immediate losses, an ego check, and a move back down to the previous level. Some result in a nice win streak and they never look back. I wouldn't advise moving up on a weak bankroll if you were considering a move to from the 33s to the 55s. There's a rather large difference in skill level there and you will more than likely need a proper bankroll to make such a jump. And while there is a difference in skill between any 2 levels, it will be much less drastic between the 5.50s and the 11s. If you feel like you're playing the 5.50s well, I say build up a bit more money, and play a few 11s. Some would disagree. I guess choose your side on this one. I'm certainly not going to advise against taking ZebraAss' advice, as it is much safer, but again, I think you could at least play a few at a higher level and see how the competition is and how you do.