View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Probabilities/Statistical Mastery v. Natural Skill

Here's a general scale to start with, but I only came up with a scale of 1-8. So I would think an exceptional player would need to be at least 4 for NL, 5 for limit. Some would probably argue you need to be at least a 5 to be exceptional for NL. I am probably aiming a bit low because I have an extremely hard time shoving all of those numbers in my head [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The scale only applies to the numbers part of the equation, and makes the assumption the player is highly skilled at the other "natural abilities".

1 Amatuers completely unaware of pot odds much less percentages between two different hands.
2 Amatuers who have a grasp of pot odds, but don't apply them much.
3 Experienced players who also possess a general knowledge of EV percentages between possible combinations, but in real time do not have the ability to apply them much.
4 Experienced players who also possess a general knowledge of EV percentages between possible combinations, but in real time only apply the more common scenarios, but in tough situations can take the time to analyze more vague combinations.
5 Experienced players who fully understand a large percentage of EV scenarios and apply them fairly well during realtime play.
6 Experienced players who fully understand all EV scenarios and apply them very well during realtime play.
7 Experienced players with an extreme knack for EV percentages in real time scenarios and can apply them almost instantaneously.
8 Your idiot savant [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Something along those lines?