View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Has anyone ever.....

First, hearfelt thank you to all you responders. Now that I am in a position to play semi-regular I am beginning to see the vast help these forums are, both strategically and mentally.

Second, yes MRBAA, someone finally pulls in cause figure opponet does have the nuts. What made me mad at myself was I did't SEE the nutz. first heads-up, guy subtly goaded me into pissing contest i think now, I'm still there trying to get even ( saw a post on this today with steamboatin joined in and hits me to a T ) . All of these factors, of course, none of these are smart poker. But not seeing the hand or taking my time to see it ( cause, of course , I did eventually).

I guess the T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] took me so off gurard I"m thinking " He cant' have J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hi straightflush, I have the eight. Can't have a higher straight-flush because 4 cards to K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I have the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I don't know what in the hell I thought happened to the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or the Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], whichever I was thinking. THAT'S why I felt so stupid.

IT was painful. I never showed any anger or dissappointment( well I wasn't angry,so that makes sense), just said nice hand. But you could tell every player felt bad for you, not cause you lost your money or anything, they are there to take it. Just internalizing the anguish and embarrassment like only another player can. BUT, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN TO ME AGAIN. I'm not wasting my tuition.