View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Re: How do you deal with a serious series of bad beats? AKA deal with

I don't know that I have a solution to tilting either. I steam sometimes, but recently, I have come to recognize that I am tilting. I refused to accept that I tilt earlier in my poker "career," but now I know I do. When I tilt, I do it for a whole day. And there's not much that can untilt me except for sleeping it off.

A couple of months ago I started recalling the bad beats that I put on other people. After only a week, I had a doozy of a collection. Juicy bad beats that I would otherwise forget or file away egotistically as "outplaying an opponent." After you have 6-8 of these juicy beats that you put on someone else, recall a few of them next time you get beaten the same way.

I also have managed to convince myself recently that simply stopping playing is the right thing to do when I'm tilting. Since I could hardly accept that I tilted before, I refused to stop playing. Now, I know I tilt - it's no fun to tilt anyway. If I'm not having fun, I don't want to be playing anyway. Log off, grab the recent Cardplayer, watch some TV, go get a milk shake...anything. Just quit playing.

The advice of an admitted tilter....