View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 02:30 AM

Default A Bell Goes Off - Conflict with XP?

A question to the posters who have been able to install a second skin with ease. Are you running a version of Windows prior to XP?

When I did a search of my system PRIOR to installing Empire, I found a Party file in prefetch that I had to delete. The Prefetch folder is used by Windows XP to speed the boot process. Windows XP records information about each program that launches at boot and uses that information to boot faster the next time.

Now that I have both Empire and Party operational I went into the Prefetch folder. Sure enough both Party and Empire have several files placed in this folder (along with a few other poker sites). Again, this folder only exists in Windows XP. Perhaps it was deleting these files that allowed me to complete the 2nd install?

I know there are posters on this forum much more computer savvy than myself. Anyone have any comments on this? It can't simply be a case where the process works differently on individual systems in a random manner. It would be interesting to see what Party installed on our drives when they did their last software upgrade.