View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Turning Stone 2/19-2/21

[ QUOTE ]
you can check out show listings at www.turning-stone.com. ts has a spa and gym area, and its relatively decent. i plan on getting a monthly membership there because its only 30 bucks. its $15 for a day pass unless you are in one of the hotels, then its free. if you didnt know, you can get poker rate for your hotel which is $80/night. the 5/10 games are about as difficult as the 10/20 games. you can expect 7 way pots on a regular basis a good majority of the time. the 2/5NL game is a good game, and i enjoy playing in it, but usually dont because my win rate is far greater at 20/40. id recommend only playing the 2/5NL game if you plan on being in it for a while tho, because its better when chips start to get on the table. the 1/2NL game is all about playing really tight preflop and getting your stack in postflop with toppair. the 2/5NL is about raising it in with garbage and bullying people around, at least thats my style. there isnt much recreational stuff to do in the turningstone area, but if your friends get bored i can tell them where to go shopping/watch a movie/etc, if they want to drive 20 minutes. if you want to play in a deepstack NL game, you should talk to the floor about changing the 200max game to a 5/5NL nomax game. the problem is that they dont get enough interest in those games in a regular basis, and so you may not even see the 2/5NL game running the entire weekend. theyve never run a 5/5NL game before, but it would be nice if that became a daily spread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks MBD,

I am staying in the hotel, and I am getting the poker rate. The spa and gym look good on there site.

As for the poker, I guess I'll play some 1-2 NL to start, and once I get comfortable, ill get on the 2-5 list, if its running. Ill talk to the floor person about a no max 5-5 game, maybe ill get lucky and it'll get going. Ill also keep an eye on the 5-10 and 10-20 limit holdem. If it looks like there both at the same level of play, Ill pop into the 10-20 towards the end of the weekend.

Thanks again, see yay there MBD!