View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Turning Stone 2/19-2/21

[ QUOTE ]
nl structure: they will have 1/2NL 100max games 24/7. Friday night will be a 5/10NL game with no max. there will probably be 2/5NL with 200max.

they have 1/3, 3/6, 5/10, 20/40 running every day. on a weekend 10/20 and 15/30 is likely.

omaha will not run

waiting lists will be very long. call 1 hour in advance of showing up and theyll put your name on the list for you.

floor management is ok.

Friday they don’t run tournaments. saturday the tournament is at 11am and will probably have 100-150 players and the buyin is $65 i believe. sunday is a $120 buyin with 60 players at noon. they start you with 2500 in chips with blinds incrementing every 15 minutes. levels are 25-25, 25-50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 600, 800, 1000.

i love ordering from the peach blossom. its some of the best chinese food/thai food ive ever had. fresh. they have a menu at the desk. the pina bianco is good for steak. you can order from the emerald 24hrs a day. id recommend the turkey club as its pretty much the only edible thing on their entire menu. if you want to splurge for a great dinner, there is a new brazilian steakhouse that just opened up. its a buffet and they serve the meat at your table. its $35. i havent been there yet but ive heard that the meat is absolutely tender and delicious.

look for me at the 20/40 game. my initials on the board are mbd. im the young kid with all the chips. dinner is on me.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, everyone, for the response. I can't wait for this weekend.

I guess ill be avoiding the tournaments, sound awful!

Is there any buying NL game over 50 BB, under the 5/10 NL? I wasn't planning on playing that high. How are the players in the 5/10 NL?

Is the 2/5 Nl game playable with 40 BB, Is it just an all-in fest? It really seems like Id need a double up before I could play my game. Any recommendations on playing style changes besides the obvious? (big hands being worth more)

MBD, If your not to busy stacking chips, (which from your posts im sure you will be) Ill hit you up on that offer. I'll be the really young looking kid, Dirty blonde short hair, wearing a FSU Seminole Hat (everyday) and on Sunday ill probably be wearing an outfit like a Nirvana T-Shirt, under a open collar shirt and jeans. My names Tom. (BTW hopefully Ill be stacking a few chips of my own)

Few more Questions:
How are the players at the 5/10 limit holdem ? Better to play 10/20?

Should I expect a large turn out cause presidents day weekend?

Ill be in the card room around 1 pm on Saturday, for a few hours. Sunday and Monday ill be there all day, any other two plus two members going to be present LMK and maybe will head out to dinner or something.

Thanks in advance MBD and every1 else !