View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: A9s six players see flop.

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I think this is a clear bet on the turn. You're investing a tiny % of the pot to possibly increase your chance to win it greatly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not true:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bet the turn for 2 reasons. 1. To fold any unpaired Ax hands that might still be around. 2. I thought it was +ev if I got 3 callers, but I realised that was wrong after looking over the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Both these reasons are wrong.

1. Even if a bet fold a better ace every time it would be -EV. By folding an A you're buying 2 outs which will only come in 4% of the time. You're buying 4% of the pot. 0.04*11.25= 0.45
You're investing one BB to win at best 0.45BB (in reality less than 0.2BB since you'll not often fold a better ace here).

2. As you said, this is just plain wrong.

Take the turn free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The bet could cause AK,AQ or AT to fold, and even cause some weak tight players to make a big mistake and fold a hand like JT fearing you have an overpair (the Hero's actions so far have been consistent with the play of AA-JJ).

[/ QUOTE ]
A bet will very rarely fold a better hand. And closse to never make you win this hand UI.

[ QUOTE ]
Also if you hit your flush, you may get some extra bets because players may not believe you would bet in that spot with the nut flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
On the other hand checking might make your opponents bet into you when you hit your flush making you able to raise.