Thread: AJ hand
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 08:46 PM

Location: Chicago, IL. Born, Raised, and in Chicago, I\'ll Die.
Default Re: AJ hand

Against bad players, I like playing supertight and superaggressive.

1.) I don't like your PF limp or your call of the raise. If you're playing the hand and are the first to enter the pot in NL, raise. If you don't wanna raise, fold.

2.) I like your flop bet, but you're betting to end the hand.

3.) He's called you on the flop. I think you're next move is bet, check-smallcall, or check/fold. I think your move is potbet, all in, or check/fold. You need to bet at least $75 or check/fold. If I felt as if I had the best hand, I'm moving in here.

4.) The pot isn't much smaller than your stack or what you'll have to call if he pushes into you on the river. Push in. Your check is weak. If you're in trouble, you put yourself in this trouble with your preflop play, reap the rewards or the punishment of this hand. The Queen isn't a scare card and if he had trips, I think he raises on the turn. If he had an overpair, I think he raises on the flop.

What bad players do well is that they get a lot of money in the middle with overpairs on the flop. With trips, they slowplay the flop and pounce on the turn with trips after their opponent leads into them for the second time feeling that they've got him sucked in.