View Single Post
Old 11-17-2002, 04:07 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: doesn\'t say in the screenplay......................

my guess is top set....

"Not to mention the totally amatuer tells Mike gave off. His play through the whole hand screams monster"

this is based on 1 hand that youre seeing out of about 8 hours of play...if you sat there that long, fatigue can set in and you can miss the obvious...

a real life example? the world poker championship that hmberto won over erik seidel....i put a post on it....i watched the last 15-20 mins of it and read both players on the last hand. it was obvious ot me...but i wasnt there playing for however long it took to get to the final table...

one thing this movie didnt show, which saved about 10+ hours, was the amount of folding and waiting that goes into winning play. there's mention of it, but they dont show it..

it wouldnt be much of a movie to show all the sessions these guys were playing. so they only showed the winning sessions minus one when he got bluffed off a pot...

who wants to watch losing sessions? not the average moviegoer...

would many have gone broke on that final hand as you said? well, ive never played for that high a stake, but ive read enough about it that , yes, some will. and the longer some play, the more careless some play. how many times has someone gone broke for a lesser amount, but relative to their bankroll? if they even had a BR....alot...ever played with an addict on a LL table? they can really be pathetic. but profitable [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

not even some of the best players are immune to this...

again see the seidel example....noo way he shouldve called humberto's bet. even though it 'was' a tourney, fatigue is fatigue, and bad judgement is bad judgement...

just some thoughts

b