View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Bankroll Question for the Math Guys

[ QUOTE ]
10% is WAY too high a RoR to have. It would be like playing the $200's with $1200 or so total in your account. Sure, most of the time, you'd be ok, but one out of ten times you go broke. You want 5% RoR as a MINIMUM, and preferably 3% or so, but that WOULD be a god-awful ton of MOney. I'm not a math guy, but 3% i'm guessing would be ~200k.

Now, if you mean 10% RoR backed up by plenty of reserve $$$ not directly in your PS account, then have at it. I'm thinking the 10% ROI theoretical is going to be too high by a long shot though. Really just guessing here, but I would think 5% in that game would be huge, but I'm also guessing that yer playing against a bunch of top players in that game and the rich fish will be few and far between, but I could be wrong. Course, Neverwin could sit in there and jack EVERYONE's earn up 3% each alone.

I Imagine that game would look something like this skillwise:

Seat#
1. Gigabet
2. Daliman
3. Dr Gammon
4. Fossilman
5. ZeeJustin
6. Layne Flack
7 Chip Jett
8. Scotty Nguyen
9. Erik 123

I could be wrong, and I'm sure I am of course, but it seems to me a MUCH higher % of great players would be playing that game.

Also, remember that since PS has 9 player tourneys, your theoretical (and actual) roi is reduced by about 11% from the total. So if your ROI for ten people all other things equal was 10%, your theoretical ROI for 9 people would be 8.9% or so. Not a ton, but it matters.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Bah! Reading is a SKILL Dali!

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone tell me how much I would need in my pokerstars account to adequately bankroll playing the 5k HU stts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Disregard most of above, although 10% is still too high an RoR, and likely too high an ROI too, as you'd have to win slightly over 55% of your matches

[/ QUOTE ]

where's stevesbet(s)? i hear he's been well in these HU SNGs?