View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Anybody else get like this during a downswing?

I'm having my first 100BB+ downswing and I think I'm doing the same thing you are (overplaying) but to a slightly lesser degree.

Example---- from 3 hours ago, my last hand of the night.

5-10 B&M Greektown 9 handed tight passive table (I've seen two different people limp in with KK, about 3-4 to flop on average, a few guy's are playing any ace, They are all quite conservative postflop.)

4 limps,SB folds, I check in the BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

5 players--- FLOP: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, 2 calls, 2 folds.

3 players TURN: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, MP1 (only raises with monsters) Raises, MP2 calls, I actully say to MP1 "(sigh) you probably have J9 or something, huh?" His eyes widen as he looks at me and now I am almost certain he has the nuts. I call anyway, hoping I'm wrong, while praying for my boat to hit.

RIVER: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, MP1 checks.... Now I'm confused as I was sure he has the nuts, MP2 bets instead, I call, MP1 calls.

MP1 shows J9 (he just called with the nuts!) and MP2 shows J9 as well!

How can I be losing to these people?