View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Quick question on this 5/5 hand...

[ QUOTE ]
Fast-playing big hands is a great tactic at this limit, since many automatically slowplay a set or better, and assume everyone else does, too

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what I generally think as well.....I almost always raise with the nuts on the flop, etc.....I rarely slowplay anything.....in this hand though, the things that really sucked were: who was doing the betting, his position relative to me, who was left to act behind me.....though I really wanted to raise, I felt like calling was the best option given those three criteria......I felt like villain was too good to go broke on the flop for deep money, and I didn't want to blow out the bad players behind me (and yes Cero, it would've been a dream situation if someone behind me raised)......

so I flat-called and a bad player on the button overcalled......the turn paired the 3 (damn!).....SB checked, I bet $75, bad player called, SB checkraised $100 more.....now I was in a quandry but because of my image, my read on him, and what I know of his tendencies I just didn't put him on a full house.....so I called the $100, bad player folded.....river paired the 7!.....SB checked, I checked - he showed me a Q-high flush and I took down the pot in disgust.....

without being results-oriented, I'm still not convinced one way or another if I made the wrong move on the flop....I think it's one of those things where most of the time I would raise, but this particular situation I felt like a call was better.....backfired, but oh well......