View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Check raise the flop with TPGK and a draw?

"i dont like it.

what was your plan if a 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hit on the turn?"

Thanks. I was hoping to get some conflicting opinions because I am not at all certain that my line was optimal.

This is really a semibluff, as I don't expect to be ahead here more than 50% of the time. What to do when your semibluff is called and the next card is a brick is always tough, but it doesn't mean that you never give it a whirl.

I definitely did not want a call or reraise from AA, KK or AJ here, especially if Villain had a club in his hand. Moreover, if he doesn't fold one of those hands to the flop check raise, he probably has put me on a draw and is prepared to call if I push the turn on a brick.

The question here is whether my move has enough fold equity to make it worth it, keeping in mind that I have a lot of live outs if my hand is called. I'm just not sure.

In response to your specific question, if the turn bricks, I probably check and fold if he moves in. That being said, I was pretty certain that he had only one pair after he called the flop and I think that there was a decent chance that he would have made a mistake and given me a free card. But if he decides that I am on a draw, and he is feeling frisky, I am in trouble. No doubt.