View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Bellagio 10-20 NL Hand

First time poster. I admit to playing above my level of experience by sitting in the 10-20 NL game, but I took a shot for a few hours and I am happy with my play.

Went to Las Vegas for a Super Bowl trip this past weekend. Had a great time and took $4,000 plus from the 2-5 $200 WPT NLHE game while there. Great fun and easy field in the 2-5 NL game.

Anyway, I was waiting Saturday morning for my 2-5 NL seat when the house started a 10-20 NL must move table. I was watching the game and noticed that it was lively, but not outragous with the stacks being $2000-$5000. I got on the list and got a seat and sat down with $1,500.

Thirty minutes in, I get KJo on the button. UTG and mid position player limp. I limp as do the blinds. Five handed to the flop. Flop comes J 9 4 rainbow. It is checked to me and I bet $140 (slightly more than the pot). Only UTG calls (he has me covered and playing a few too many pots IMHO). Turn is a 2 to complete the rainbow. UTG checks, I bet $400. He calls. River is an A and he bets $500, about half my stack.

What should I have done? Actual results to follow.