View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 03:00 AM

Default Re: What do you guys think of Turbo Texas Holdem?

I used Wilson's TTH to get a basic grasp on the game and on the value of starting hands, but you may be getting the same thing on play money tables. FWIW, I would start at the micro limits, until you have the bankroll to play .50/1. I just think that having some money on the line - however little - is going to reveal your playing style and your leaks, and give you a better idea of the areas of the game you should be working on. The limit game is all about discipline for the beginner, and I am not confident that TTH or the play money tables are good for develpping discipline. After all, it's easy on a simulator to keep making the right decisions even though they are costing you $$ in the short run. Quite another to be down $100 real dollars and keep making the right decisions!

Anyway, around here the consensus is .50/1 is the threshhold for finding some good players, but still has enough bad players to be profitable even for a beginner. So even if you decide to keep playing fake poker, I would start at .50/1 rather than 2/4 when you think you are ready for the real McCoy.

Good luck!