View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Vern,

how many outs do you give to a K on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Direct answer: 3.5

Once it was heads up the kings cleaned right up. I seriously doubted that Btn would be three-betting with AT. First there are only two tens left. Second I think that is below his cutoff for three-betting so I valued the non-heart 8's and K's as 6 outs and valued the heart versions plus the two remaining tens as 1 out total. Even though I had a one card straight draw, the hands that made a better straight or straight draw, KT or AT were unlikely three-betting hands for him, although maybe ATs could be possible. Plus I had two of the tens so it was more unlikely that he was drawing to the same straight as me for the tie. All total, I figured on the flop and turn I was working with 7 outs if behind and might be ahead of an AK for about 1 or 2 outs worth as well so I had my odds around 4.5:1 on the flop/turn. If I bet or c/r'ed the flop/turn/river with just my tens, I allow the one hand that I beat, AK, to get away for less bets and I pay more to see a losing showdown vs any of the three-betting hands that hit the flop and would raise me.

Vern