View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Quick question on this 5/5 hand...

This hand is interesting, I thought it was very simple to call.

On the other hand, do bad players call behind you here? Are you really luring more callers into this pot? Calling on a board like this shows a kind of strength, even bad players have to know their J-high flush draw might be no good... they may call this bet with TPGK or TPTK, if they're really bad. But if they flopped two pair or the K high draw, you can probably get them to call a raise, and if the SB re-raises, you can trap dead money in the pot if you push or even if you call.

What do you think SB would do if you raised in this spot and he was holding a set? I think that determines how to play this hand; I can't imagine the SB leading at this pot with only the K or Q high flush draw if he is any good, so he has to have a made hand of some kind. Therefore, calling and trapping hands behind you that are drawing to runner-runner boats might be nice, but they're probably done with the hand on the turn... and that extra $60 in the pot might not look so great if the board pairs. So if you just call, what's your line if the board pairs?