View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Results

I think the hands he three-bets from the button against one opponent with position include AQ and maybe AJ as well since he will want to get heads up with those hands pre-flop. I described him as somewhat loose and aggressive, likely to overplay medium hands so the AQ/AJ is really a possibility for him to three bet here. He might even do it with 99 or KQ, but I don't consider those likely enough to consider for odds here.

By my count 42 times I lose one bet, 16 times I win 8.75 but I think I need to reduce the 16 times I win because it requires him to bet unimproved AK three times against another pre-flop raiser.

Results, I called figuring roughly he was only likely to play AK this way about half the time, which left me with 42:8 odds or ~5:1 on an 8.75:1 call. He flipped over AKs and MHIG. I got to thinking about whether a flop bet would be better but I don't think so. With two broadway overcards, the pre-flop raiser and the BB behind me, I don't think I make money on a flop bet even with the OESD. Thanks for all the replies.

Vern