View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Did I play this too fast?

[ QUOTE ]
On some level, isnt he just throwing bets away if he raises the river. In addition to JJ, I think you could consider him as having any set. Villains flop action seems like a slow play. The eight didn't represent a scare card, even as he was bet into for the second time. He raised. Isn't it common knowledge that a bluff raise two times should be taken as not a bluff but a made hand. I think it was played too quickly and while the 8 gave you trips, I am guessing it made him full. I would have called the turn, check/called the river. If you win, you only miss out on one BB. But perhaps I am too cautious. A BB saved is a BB won.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a river 3-bet is spewing at all. raise from EP is typically a big hand, not 88, 77, or 55. If he hadn't raised pf, then yes, his play would reek of a set, but I think that in this case it really doesn't. You are very often seeing a hand like KJs, AJ, and occasionally a slowplayed overpair (not often at all). The other 2 players in the hand only make it more worthwhile to 3-bet. Their extra BBs make up for when you are beat by the only real scary hand: JJ (and as extensively discussed, it's not really that likely, maybe 1 in 10 times).