View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Did I play this too fast?

You have 9 outs to the nut flush on this hand. you will make this flush (roughly) 1 in 5 times. We can also pretty safely assume that both of the other 8's are clean. This gives us2 more outs. There are 3 more aces in the deck, so we will count them as 1.5 outs total. This means that you have a total of 9+2+1.5 = 12.5 outs. so the odds of hitting your hand is a bit better than 1 in 4. A bet here is good because if everybody calls (not too uncommon) you are making money because you are only putting in 1/5 of the money on this round. If 1 person folds (more likely) then you are still at break even, with a chance to perhaps get a cheap showdown if you miss, because people may be afraid of your aggression on previous streets. Calling once youi get raised on the turn is generally fine (though I think a somewhat weak case could be made for capping in this case), but it is very important to get that first raise in there in this case.

EDIT: somebody tell me if my math is wrong and correct me. This is the first time I've tried a post like this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]