View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 07:21 AM

Default Re: Did I play this too fast?

[ QUOTE ]
why should you bet on the turn ? With him raising the flop you have a good change he has a high pocket pair. He has more outs than you, and your not drawing for the nuts. I think it would be have been better to check-call the turn. on the river i probaly would have done the same, bet-call raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is weak, monster-seeing type thinking and is hurting my brain. When villain raises the flop he could have a variety of things including A high, where he was raising to protect. And BTW, hero IS drawing to the nuts. An A high flush on a non-paired board would definitely be the nuts (discounting the unlikely potential str8 flush). I hope you see that. If you don't, read a book. the nut flush draw with a pair and A kicker, with 4 others in the pot is a GREAT spot to bet here. As for the river, we are going to win this pot a LOT. The only reasonable hand we are behind here given the aggression is JJ, and villain will have that very seldom. AA/KK/QQ/AJ are just as (or more) likely than JJ. This makes a river 3-bet pretty profitable, especially with two other people (who have shown no aggression) calling down. Your thinking sounds like it is pretty weak tight to me.

This post sounds pretty harsh. I don't mean it to sound mean-spirited. It's 6am and I am too tired to tone it down. Sorry.