View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Flush Draw...A4o in BB...

Calling the flop is "okay", I guess.

You're getting 6:1 money and *if* we give you full outs for your three Aces, two 4's, and 1.5 for the backdoor flush. That only gives you 6.5 outs (you need 7), but I'm sure the implied odds can make up the difference.

On the turn:

When SB bets out, calling is *borderline* depending on whether or not you think MP1 will raise behind you (as he did [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]).

When it's TWO bets back to you, you're getting 4.75:1 money for your draw. BUT, given the action, MP1 is likely gonna cap behind you. This translates more into 12.5:3 (=4.17:1) money - which is just above the 4:1 odds required to call. So it's okay.

FURTEHR, if you make your flush, you'll have the implied odds to make this a more profitable call. (As long the river is not the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], in which case you have to watch out for a boat!)

In summary, I think most of your plays were borderline, but I think all of them were actually +EV.

Overall, I can't find much flaw in the way you played it, except that if you knew MP1 was likely to raise the turn behind you, you shoulda folded. If he just surprised you, so be it.

Just my thoughts...

Adam