View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: interesting 5&5 hand against maniac

It's a very dangerous flop. With your set, you can be a dog to something like a pair, straight draw, flush draw, and people with with even less perceived outs then that are going to be putting pressure on you. I'm not going to be too anxious to get all my money in the pot in that spot. Particularly since such a play optimizes the drawing hands for two cards to come with no more betting. I think just calling and seeing what happens. In this spot, you could easily be facing a re-raise and yet another re-raise before it comes back to you anyway.

Remember, you have 4 players yet to act behind you.

Bottom line -- very vulnerable set with too many players behind you yet to act. By just calling you can give your the opportunity to fill up cheaper and with more players in the pot for payoff value.

For those times you do go all-in and fill up, it certainly feels good and certainly seems like you played it correctly.

If I raise here, its with the intent to abandon hand to a huge re-raise or to move all in and take the shot should two other players want to get their money in there with me.