View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 12:27 PM

Default AJs played as bad as villians says I did?

so playing on DoylesRoom late last night 0.25/0.50 NL. I don't have a hand history so this is off the top of my head. No real read on villian but seemed like a decent player, wasn't playing too many pots. He had won a very large pot at another table I was at with a set.

Hero and villian have about the same stack size, I believe about $80 or so (it was about $160 pot at the end). Hero is in early position and villian in the next seat behind. Hero is dealt Ad Jd and raises $2 or 3. Villian calls, everyone else folds. Flop came 10-x-x, rainbow. Hero bets out $2, villian reraises $4 more, hero reraises $10 and villian quickly calls. Fourth street comes a Jack and I bet a good amount (at least half pot or more) and villian pushes. Hero calls.

Villian shows AT and starts screaming at me at how lucky I was and what a terrible play it was reraising him on the flop with only three outs. Was that really such a bad play reraising him on the flop? I know I did get lucky, but I thought he shouldn't have pushed on fourth street when an overcard to his pair fell.