Thread: 88 in trouble
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Re: 88 in trouble

Any reads? This would be extremely helpful in making a decision.

The only likely hands you're losing to are Q9, JTs, and 99. I suppose SB could be in there with Q8 or Q6.

SB's call is a big problem here. Does he have the control to check, and risk winning nothing with those cards? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think Button more often than not has a flush here. If he's a good player, he could have a house. I don't think a bad player would push a house.

I think SB should be sensible enough to at least put Button on a flush. Therefore, SB should only call with hands that beat a flush. In this case, he would need a FH, JTs, or Axs (beats any flush Button has).

I've thought about this for a few minutes, and I think this is really opponent dependent. If you think SB would call here with Axs, then I call. Otherwise I fold, because SB's calling range too often has you beat. The only hand of his you can beat is 66.

Also, if you think Button is a good player, I would lean towards folding as well.

Given absolutely no read, I think I would lean towards call, because I don't respect the play of anyone really unless it's high stakes NL. If this is online, I'd be more reluctant about calling, especially if it's UB.

Live, I think the people there are gambling and don't even think about what the other opponents have. Button could have pushed with a Q and SB called with a straight in live play, and it wouldn't have surprised me.

My head hurts after all this thinking and editing. I'm really curious for other responses and results. Great post. Hopefully no one finds this to be an automuck. I can't see it being an autocall.