Thread: KQ in bb hand
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: KQ in bb hand

[ QUOTE ]
if you get 3-bet cant you just check/fold the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

no. he could easily have AK or AJ. Also I check-raise as a bluff often enough where I do get bluffed back at relatively often. thus it would be very difficult for me to fold this hand to a 3bet on the flop.

i definitely have odds to call down at this point- but do i want to value raise?

MP1s long pause tells me that it's probable I am beat.
obviously I don't want to raise when I am beat and drawing. If he is semi-bluffing, it would be best to raise. If he has a relatively weak, drawless hand, raising may be slightly better than calling- but it's fairly close. so i had to decide which scenario to weight most heavily. His long pause caused me to put the most weight on his being ahead.

the turn is a blank- same situation as flop.

the river is a scare card for him. I can value bet here, knowing that he will probably call with any pair, whether it beats me or not, and he might call with Ace high. when he raises i think i can safely fold.

if i would've check-called: he likely would check behind with a worse pair. He would certainly bet any hand that had me beat- except he might rarely check AQ. With AK or AJ he might do either.

I thought my line was right, but I'm not sure. I'd like to hear some more people's opinions: especially people who play in a lot of aggressive shorthanded games.