View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Marquette College Republicans

If you go to the Adopt-a-Sniper website, you see that it is the site that sells these bracelets, along with other things, in order to raise money to send the supplies to the snipers. I saw that someone else in another blog made the mistake of thinking that the Marquette CR's created this slogan, which is patently false. It is a Marine saying and I think it is exactly opposite to shun away from it's meaning. Better to learn about the saying and why it has the meaning it does then to be ignorant and disrespectful towards it.
But my concern was not just that the school shut down this table without warning, but that it refused any sort of negotiation. If it was really the slogan on the bracelets, then why didn't the University just ask them to stop selling them? Why shut the whole thing down and ruin the whole fundraiser over a Marine saying on a bracelet? That's the troubling part; not what was said, but the University's conduct.

But, lastchance, I'm glad to see a level-headed response, even though I disagree. Hopefully that continues.